Over time the wood finishes on your deck can fade, look dull, or appear worn out. AB Contracting is happy to restore them with our deck staining services. For over 15 years, we’ve preserved the beauty of wood decks and patios for homeowners. We make wood look new again.
Staining your deck can prepare you for warmer weather and family gatherings. We want your backyard space and deck to be ready so you can spend more time with the people you love. We take pride in the quality of our work.
The sun, rain, and wind can cause the appearance of your deck to look old. The purpose of stain is to safeguard the deck from moisture, harmful UV rays, and insects. It also provides resistance against mold and mildew. Staining your deck will keep it in good condition for years to come.
Our Deck Staining Process
We will visit your home to assess the requirements, then provide a free estimate. When you approve us to begin the project, we will notify you in advance. This allows you time to
remove furniture, plants, etc. from the areas to be stained.
Before applying the stain, we will clean, sand and wash the deck. Once the deck is dry, we apply the stain and sealant of your choice. There are several deck staining options to choose from.
- Transparent & Semi-Transparent: Highlights the true color and texture of the grain on the wood.
- Semi-Solid: Imposes its shade of color on the wood and allows a subtle impression of the wood grain.
- Solid/Opaque: Hides the texture and color of the wood but gives maximum protection from sunlight.
Our team of staining professionals will perform a thorough inspection to ensure proper application and appearance.
Upon completion, another notice is posted so the homeowner knows the date that items can be returned to the deck.
Why Stain Your Deck
Wooden decks require regular maintenance to help preserve their color, grain, and longevity. Your deck is exposed to rain, snow, sleet, ice, and direct sunlight. It’s important to re-stain your deck regularly to help prevent the impact that these elements may have on the wood. Here are a few reasons why homeowners should have their decks stained.
- Repels Moisture. Deck stain can help prevent moisture from absorbing into the wood. It acts as a barrier between the moisture (from dew, rain, snow, humidity) and the wood. Mold or mildew can grow on water-soaked wood causing you to have to replace planks and repair the deck.
- Prevent Sun Damage. Unsealed wood endures a lot of damage from the sun. The color changes, warping can occur, and it dries out much faster. Putting a stain on your deck prevents the sun’s rays from penetrating the wood completely and increases the deck’s longevity.
- Prevents Cracking. Between the sun and the natural drying process, your exterior wood can easily become cracked. A deck stain will help keep necessary moisture in the wood while keeping excess water out and prevent the wood from cracking.
Keep Your Deck Looking Great
Ready to give you deck new life? Let AB Contracting give you a free on-site evaluation to ensure you receive a fair price. Our top priority is to provide professional service and quality workmanship for each project we commit to. Projects are completed on-time and within budget. AB Contracting looks forward to helping you with your next staining project. Call us for a free estimate.